Box Clever Online
Ideally suited to Years 10 or 11 (but can be adapted for other year groups)
Session transmission length: 50/60 minutes
Box Clever is delighted to be able to provide schools with the opportunity to have the company in the classroom without compromising the rules of social distancing or raising concerns regarding infection transmission. Live drama, interaction and discussion with the company’s actors and creatives will be available in: English and Drama. The session will also be recorded for sole use by the school, if requested.
- SHAKESPEARE: Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet. | DICKENS: A Christmas Carol. | J B PRIESTLEY: An Inspector Calls
There are two options. Two actors and a director will rehearse scenes identified by the school giving students opportunities to comment and make suggestions. The second option comprises two of our actors exploring the characters and relationships of the leading protagonists with performances of key extracts. With both options, the company will arrange a pre-session preparatory briefing with the contact teacher to confirm content and to make sure everything is in place technically.
- GCSE Poetry – AQA Anthology.
Live performances of four poems selected by your school from the Anthology, after which our actors will explain what attracts them to the poem before encouraging your students to share their own engagement with the text through its words, sounds and imagery. A second presentation of the poems will reflect the key points and thoughts resulting from this discussion, after which our actor may have time to take questions from the students.
- The actor: an opportunity to find out how to choose a monologue, prepare an audition speech and learn lines.
- The director: a chance to ask one of our Associate Directors, Iqbal Khan or Kimberley Sykes, about their role in casting and directing a performance.
- The designer: company designers, Sorcha Corcoran and Rhys Jarman, will investigate approaches to set design, working to time and to budget.
- The stage manager: Pip Thurlow, our Production Manager, willshow exactly how a stage manager ensures that everything is in place for the first public performance by scheduling rehearsals, managing the creative team and overseeing expenditure.
- The writer: Michael Wicherek, the company’s Artistic Director and Writer in Residence, will explore the role of the writer from writing to different media to writing to commission.
Box Clever Online is supported by:
Interested in booking?
If you are interested in booking or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org